Michael J. Guerra
- Insurance Defense and Litigation
Michael J. Guerra was born and raised in Brownsville, Texas. He attended Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas and earned a Bachelor's Degree in Science with a focus on Criminal Justice in 2007. Shortly after, he attended Thurgood Marshall School of Law in Houston, Texas, where he earned his Juris Doctor in 2011.
Upon passing the Texas Bar, Mr. Guerra returned home to Brownsville to serve the people of his community as an Assistant District Attorney at the Cameron County District Attorney's Office. During his tenure at the District Attorney's Office, Mr. Guerra handled, prepared, and tried various criminal matters ranging from Class C Misdemeanors up to Capital Felonies. Mr. Guerra ultimately became the Chief Felony Prosecutor for Judge Janet Leal of the 103rd Judicial District Court in Cameron County.
Mr. Guerra joined Lawler & Associates in June 2018. Since joining Lawler & Associates, he has become an effective and respected advocate, managing a docket of approximately 70 cases. Mr. Guerra handles motor vehicle accidents, premises liability cases, trucking cases, construction defect lawsuits and medical malpractice lawsuits.
Mr. Guerra has been a member of the Cameron County Young Lawyers Association as well as a Board Member of the Cameron County Bar Association. Mr. Guerra is admitted to practice law in the State of Texas, as well as the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Mr. Guerra is also fluent in Spanish.
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2011
- Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 2007
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Texas, 2013
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2020
- Cameron County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney, 2013-2018
- Chief Felony Prosecutor for Judge Janet Leal of the 103rd Judicial District Court in Cameron County